Tuesday, January 28, 2014

5 differences between amateurs and pros

I don't usually post links, but this needs sharing:

THE 5 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PROFESSIONALS AND AMATEUR NOVELISTS

By Brian Klems
The Writer's Digest
http://www.writersdigest.com/online-editor/the-5-differences-between-professional-and-amateur-novelists

Excerpt:

"There’s no magical change you feel when your first book finally sells – the same doubts are still there, and definitely the same feeling that you’re a kind of crazy charlatan, trying to trade words out of your brain for money.

But for all that that’s true, the more writers I meet, the more I notice that there are some crucial differences between the professional ones and the ones who want to be professional. I hope that doesn’t sound condescending – every professional writer used to be an amateur writer, after all, and often the distinctions I
I’m talking about don’t have anything to do with talent as much as with attitude. These are the five that I’ve noticed."

To read the full blog, go here:
http://www.writersdigest.com/online-editor/the-5-differences-between-professional-and-amateur-novelists

No comments:

Post a Comment