Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Having fun

Writing thrills me.  I smile more often these days too.

Still writing the novel, but as I've said before I want to write novels and short stories.  The shorts are just plain fun right now.

I finished and submitted a short story twice in the last two days.  I started both after beginning the novel.  While I planned to work on both types of stories, the output of the shorts far outpace the novel.  (The novel currently sits at about 3000 words so far.)

Frankly I'm not sure if I'm stalling or not with the larger piece.  What I do know is my short stories are improving and the word output is increasing the more I practice.  Tonight I had no idea how to finish the story, but I sat down with a goal of figuring that out.  1200 words later I had a completed story.

Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment